19 Jul 2016

JT65 issue

I "think" I may have a faulty cable from my SignaLink unit to my FT817. I shall get a new one to see if this makes it better. The PC sees the SignaLink unit, I have TX enabled, and the FT817 works fine on USB so the FT817 PA is OK. In days gone by I'd have tried to fix the lead, but not these days as I am still unable to manage fine motor skills as a result of my stroke. I do not think this is a Windows 10 issue as I can hear the TX if I select the PC's own speakers.

Luckily I am still able to be on 10m WSPR with the stand alone beacon.

Knowing my luck 6m will be wide open across the Atlantic these next few days!

UPDATE 0948z: New lead ordered from W and S. Should be here later this week.

4 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Roger, if it doesn't TX could it be you've chosen USB as mode instead of DIG. Happened to me several times. 73, Bas

Roger G3XBM said...

No, definitely DIG selected.

David (G0LRD) said...

Roger,
The Signalink asserts PTT based on detecting a certain level of audio. The default output level is probably different on Windows 10 vs Windows 7, so try increasing your output a little. Also, don't forget to set the sample rate to 48,000 in the windows audio setup menu, it's probably defaulted back to 44,100.
David

Roger G3XBM said...

It changed after a general Windows 10 update. It had been using Windows 10 successfully until now. I'll try these. Thank you.