13 Mar 2016

Stroke update - NOT amateur radio

It is hard to see any improvements now 2.5 years after my cerebellum brain bleed. If improvements are occurring then they are so small they are not noticeable. I still feel giddy on my feet and I still feel sick most of the time. My liquid swallow is still poor as is my voice. I still get exhausted very quickly.

If any improvements now come, they are a bonus, but I guess I have to adapt to life as it is now, much though I would like my "old" self back. It means I am very restricted when using voice modes like SSB and FM on the air: every QSO is hard work. This is one reason why I am a fan of WSPR: I don't have to use my voice. Field experiments and building have had to take a back seat, although who knows in the future?  We are blessed with a great hobby and, despite my poor health, I am able to enjoy it still.

No comments: