5 Jul 2015

Four metres

Four metres (70MHz) is now quite widely allocated in Europe and a few other countries.  At one time this was only allocated in the UK and some UK territories. A few years ago I wanted a way of getting on 4m as this was one of the few bands not covered by my rigs. A simple transverter was called for. The following design fitted the bill. There are very few commercial rigs for the 4m band, among them being the IC7100 from Icom.

It is possible this design has appeared here before.

At the current QTH I have no antennas (even dipoles) for 4m, but I worked some decent distances on an fixed indoor dipole at the old QTH. It should certainly be possible to work Es DX with this transverter although I have not tried. I need to erect a 4m antenna!

See https://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp3/vuhf/4m_tvtr .

No comments: