1 May 2015

Sepura to buy rival Teltronics - NOT amateur radio

Today it was announced that my old company, Sepura, is to buy its Spanish communications rival Teltronics. I have been retired 7 years now and feel quite out of touch.   I hope the acquisition goes well. Teltronics are strongest in Latin America and Spain. I suspect Sepura are keen to strengthen their position in the Americas.

Sepura designs, makes and sells TETRA radios. In recent years it has entered the DMR market where competition is very fierce.  Sepura has great opportunities in the USA where for many years TETRA was excluded for patent reasons. TETRA is a very good digital radio system for those requiring good frequency use, security and data as well as speech.

For years, Sepura has been a very successful business. Certainly one to watch for the years to come. Today Sepura shares bounced upwards strongly.

6 comments:

G1KQH said...

Pye, Philips, Simoco, Sepura, how long before the Chinese move in?

73 Steve

Roger G3XBM said...

No idea Steve. HYT (Chinese) were up and coming in TETRA years ago, but as I said, I am well out of touch these days.

Roger G3XBM said...

HYT is Hytera.

G1KQH said...

Nothing is for ever Roger, look at my ex company, Thorn EMI gone! I still got my small pension to look forward too :-)

Roger G3XBM said...

If anyone wanted to buy Sepura they should have done so when shares were less than 40p. Now worth over 144p.

G1KQH said...

Tesco went up once upon a time too!