7 May 2015

6m WSPR this morning

As yet, there has been very little evidence of 6m Es on WSPR this Es season here. Perhaps a couple of stations spotting me or being spotted by me so far. Like last summer, results on WSPR have been disappointing so far. I shall stick with it most days just to see what happens.

New this morning, by aircraft reflection, was G8EPQ (77km) who has been spotted several times. Doppler has been quite high on occasions. Although this could be warm-up drift on a purely tropo path, I think that multiple aircraft reflections are more probable. There was 4Hz drift evident nearly an hour after first spotting him - aircraft surely?

3 comments:

Photon said...

Also closely monitoring 6m WSPR here on Anglesey. Waiting to see if the onset proper corresponds to any reflections from PMSE as seen by the Aberystwyth RADAR:

http://badc.nerc.ac.uk/getdata/data_browser/badc/mst/plots/m-mode/2015/05

BobG8EPQ said...

There are a lot of Easyjet flights over my QTH which may well explain the reflected signals.

73 Bob G8EPQ

Roger G3XBM said...

Bob, I am sure sometimes your signals will be reflected off those planes, but this afternoon I think it was pure tropo.