18 Apr 2015

Soldering iron mended - and NON amateur radio DIY

I am quite pleased with myself, for once.

Although I still get tired, I seem to be less profoundly tired than I was. Today I managed to remove the plug on a spare 24V Weller soldering iron tool that I found and attach it to the base/24V supply. I checked it works  - it does. So I currently have 2 working soldering irons.

Also, I managed my first (minor) DIY job by repairing a trellis support on our bungalow front wall. I also raked out some dead moss from the front lawn ready to re-seed the patches. In the past, these would have been trivial tasks, but now they are major steps on my oh so slow road to recovery.

Recovery from my cerebellum brain bleed (Sept 2013) is very slow, but I am slowly getting a little better.

4 comments:

G1KQH said...

Not heard much of a mention about the new Antex?

Roger G3XBM said...

It is still awaiting switch-on! Now I have resurrected the Weller, it may be a while.

G1KQH said...

The Antex in my own personal view is toy town compared to the Weller. I have said it all before,some may shoot me down and say quite the opposite?


73 Steve

Roger G3XBM said...

I bought the Antex purely based on good reviews.