22 Apr 2015

6m spots - M0YOU and 2E0BMG

At 0952z this morning I was able to spot M0YOU (116km) at a massive -8dB S/N on 6m WSPR. At this distance I suspect there must have been some aircraft reflections involved as the signals look too strong for pure tropo.

UPDATE 1750z:   I noticed that I spotted 2E0BMG (62km) oon 6m WSPR mid afternoon. At -23dB S/N not too strong but copied. This was probably tropo.

UPDATE 2100z:   M0MVB (30km) has been exchanging 6m WSPR spots with me for hours this evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roger

I had a nice on from M0YOU this morning which I shall blog soon with data due to the interesting aircraft to aircraft reflections I am sure we are seeing and the circling plane which was the originator.
I find it very rare as on this occasion, unless carefully contrived that aircraft reflections enhance a signal.

73 Eddie G3ZJO