3 Mar 2015

G3XKR (IO70) spots me on 472kHz

Kingsbridge Estuary, S. Devon
G3XKR (347km) in North Devon has spotted me again on 472kHz WSPR when I was using 5mW ERP from the earth-electrode "antenna". He has copied me before and I have reached much further, but it is good to get spotted in my "old" county.

Years ago my very first amateur radio activity was in the South Hams area of Devon. I was active on 160m AM and CW. My first ever 2m reception was of G3VEH in Cornwall.  Did the sun really always shine back then?

2 comments:

barrie said...

hi a radio ham who suffered a stroke and now survives with one usable arm
barrie g3mtd
anyone around who could help with a small soldering job!a
Albrecht ae 6110(a cb radio I want to use on 10 metres needs a 10 minute mod without removing cover!

barrie said...

need help modifying a Albrecht ae6110 -a cb- to use on 1o metres.
needs a 10minutewithout removing cover
had a stroke and lost right arm!
now unable to solder!