1 Dec 2014

ARRL renewal - no thanks!

Today, I got this email from ARRL. I have no plans to renew my membership, although I am still an RSGB member. It took a week to help me renew access to QST. Their online help was useless and it took a week to get anyone to help me. I was left unimpressed. Sorry, but no thanks.
You asked us to remind you by e-mail when your membership was about to expire. That time is coming.

Our records indicate that your ARRL membership will expire on Feb 28, 2015.

In order to receive uninterrupted delivery of QST, your membership journal, you need to renew 45-50 days prior to your membership expiration date.  I wouldn’t want you to miss an issue, nor any of the other membership benefits and services, such as:

- access to the members-only features of the ARRL Web site
- participation in the ARRL e-mail Forwarding Service (arrl.net)
- answers to your questions on FCC rules and regs
- help with antenna, tower and zoning problems
- participation in DXCC and other ARRL contests and awards
- our outgoing QSL service
- low-cost equipment insurance
- preferred subscription rates for ARRL's technical magazine, QEX

and much more!

It's a snap to renew. Visit http://www.arrl.org/join/WE1A to renew at our Web-Site with a credit card or download a membership application to mail. You can also call us toll-free to join at: 1-888-277-5289 (US Only). International members call (860) 594-0338.  Please renew today.

73,
David Sumner, K1ZZ
Chief Executive Officer

No comments: