3 Nov 2014

CQ WW SSB Contest last weekend - who forgot?

Darn it! Yet again I forgot this most excellent contest last weekend, although I would have been very restricted as we had our little grandchildren staying. They take priority. I must try next year. Last year I missed it as I was in Addenbrookes Hospital still very ill. The last time I caught it was 2012.

Although I do not much like contests, this one is always a good test and I often fill a few logbook pages with DX contacts. Exchanges are simple and quick. CQWW is usually a good way to increase the DXCC score. I always use real QRP power.

I dislike CW contests as they are too much like hard work. On SSB you can usually work stations, even with 2-5W QRP, especially later on when the big stations have already worked loads and are glad of extra points.

3 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

You can try the CQ WPX in March next year Roger! 73, Bas

Roger G3XBM said...

Yes indeed I can Bas. I think there is an ARRL 10m contest coming up too.

Roger G3XBM said...

http://www.arrl.org/10-meter

On in mid-December.