2 Oct 2014

FT991 multi-mode, 160m-70cm all mode transceiver

The first UK price looks like around £999 from Nevada who expect stocks spring/summer 2015. This is more than I was expecting.

This image is the best I could find. The image is located on the Universal Radio site in Ohio and the link to the image will be removed if this is a problem.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/3991lrg.jpg
Click the image for a bigger, clearer picture. 

I would consider investing in this transceiver, but would be looking for a better price. The FT450D is currently £699 in the UK (even less at MLS £619.95 according to G1KQH) I wonder if they will spin out an FT817 replacement based on the FT991 design? I am sure there would be a good market for a 5-10W version here in the UK.

1 comment:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Roger, absoltely a nice looking radio. But if you look what you can do with it I think I would prefer a Kenwood TS-480. A real replacement for the FT-817 has to be on their shelves. Probabely waiting for a good moment to launch. 73, Bas