I have just been comparing my 10m WSPR results today with fellow local G0LRD (25km away). He is copying FAR more than I am this morning - stations across Europe, Russia and Australia whereas I have apparently copied NOTHING and I've only been spotted by the locals. It could be antennas, WSPR-X playing up, or something else. I have just restarted WSPR-X in case this is the reason. Over the weekend I was getting spots from distant places with just 500mW. It is odd as G0LND was spotting RA3APW (2466km) running a genuine 100mW very well indeed. I used to work with RA3APW (Karen) years ago. I certainly should have copied this station. Odd.
UPDATE 1318z: Well, I don't understand this at all. Nothing had changed (i.e all WSPR-X settings were as before which worked previously), but I had to switch WSPR-X to Direct-X input before decodes were successful and were being uploaded. Now all seems to be well again after a wasted morning. I think I have to note which settings (i.e. PC assignment of audio settings) work, then make sure these are selected next time WSPR-X is opened, rather than assume the same PC settings are assigned when the software is opened. I think this was my problem earlier. Darn it.