6 Jul 2014

WSPR software closed itself down yesterday PM (Win 8.1)

Some time between 1440z and 2124z yesterday, my WSPR software decided to close down, so all reports in that period were lost. I think the PC decided to update Windows 8.1 software.  I should have noticed it had closed sooner, so I blame myself and no-one else. I like to leave updates running so I get the latest Windows updates as soon as I can. WSPR closing when updates come in seems a common issue with Win 8.1.

Since 2124z yesterday only locals and GDX on 6m, no Es here.

4 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi Roger, now I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) and I like it. But when I have to replace my computer because it's getting old, I will replace Windows 8 for Windows 7. I read a lot of troubles with Windows 8 (it's like Vista) 73 Paul PC4T

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Paul. Win 8.1 seems very stable and I can live with this small issue. It means I have to keep checking the software, which is no bad thing.

David (G0LRD) said...

You can set the updates to download but not install until you choose. This prevent Windows from ever re-starting your computer without your consent.

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks David, I should chose that option.