7 Jul 2014

6m - quiet overnight, now some GDX

6m remained quiet here overnight with just local reports but at 0728z I was spotted by G8JNJ/A (184km) weakly. This is the first GDX spot of the day.   Later, at 0834z, M0EMM (192km)  was decoding me at -20dB with what seems to be aircraft Doppler (-3Hz)

No WSPR spots of others yet but reasonable signals about 1 minute long seen (MS or aircraft?). Maybe JT65 would be better with a 1 minute decode period? Some of these shorter bursts are actually at strengths JT65 would have no trouble with. JT65 is usually a few dB worse than WSPR but is a proper 2-way comms mode, whereas WSPR is really a beacon mode.

Yesterday my WSPR software crashed so I reset the clock and restarted the software this morning to be sure all was OK.

My TX periodicity is now much lower (around 10% TX) so I am listening far more than transmitting. No stations copied though for very many hours!

UPDATE 1051z: M0EMM (192km) copied at -27dB S/N at 0940z. This is my first WSPR spot since yesterday.  No Es here (yet) today.  M0EMM is the station I have been seeing for hours (judging be frequency) but with TX periods less than 2 mins (MS pings?).

UPDATE 1235z: M0EMM spotted again here at 1224z. Still no 6m Es here today.

No comments: