2 Jul 2014

6m - an excellent WSPR start today

PA0O (440km) is coming in well today, I suspect by Es rather than tropo, although skip would have to be very short, suggesting good 2m Es?

4X1RF (3519km) had already spotted my 1W ERP signal twice by 0828z, incredibly early. His spots remain my best DX reports this Es season. This is the 4th day he has copied me. I am assuming it is multi-hop Es, but it is a long way to Israel!

On HF 20-30MHz propagation is "good" and sunspot count 154 (high).

IK1WVQ is very strong on 6m this morning  at +10dB S/N.

UPDATE 1048z:  GM4FVM  (428km) has been spotted (and is spotting me) several times this morning. Also spotted was HB9TJM (764km).

UPDATE 1100z:  EA4UC (1349km) also spotting me. GM4FVM is quite strong currently (-13 to -15dB S/N).

UPDATE 1155z:  SQ9SIM (1325km) being spotted via 6m Es now. A good day on 6m.Fingers crossed for some "super DX" later?

UPDATE 1300z:  Just increased the TX cycle from 5% to 17% ,so I am on TX more than earlier.  The Es seems to have gone rather quiet at present.

2 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Roger, I hope better propagation is on it's way. Even at night I was spotted at OH7AI. Though I did run 5W (WSPR QRO). I did close the station this morning as I had to go to the job and don't want to have it running when not at home. Otherwise you would probabely seen my signal as well. PA0O is about 18km south of me. 73, Bas

Roger G3XBM said...

Hi Bas, an advantage of being retired is one can run WSPR during the day. This morning I cut the back lawn at the same time (but was very tired). Like you, best to turn off WSPR if you are not there.