2 Jun 2014

6m - 4X1RF spots me yet again with 1W ERP (3519km)

At 1308z 4X1RF spotted my 1W ERP WSPR on 6m for the 9th time this season. I assume it is Es and not single hop F-layer. I am amazed that 4X1RF can copy me so often. There was no sign of  intermediate distance stations. On 10m Chris regularly copies me when I am using low milliwatts. He has very good ears and must have a quiet QTH.  3519km is a great distance on 6m and I am even more pleased as my antenna is just a V2000 triband vertical fed with lossy CB coax. My FT817 is on the mid-power setting only.

I am still hopeful of transatlantic multi-hop Es propagation with WSPR. Patience! I must stick with 6m and keep everything crossed. If, as I have, worked K1TOL on CW in the past on 6m (summer 2007), then WSPR should certainly be possible as long as there are stations active on WSPR in the USA.  K1TOL has a BIG antenna farm but with WSPR more modest antennas in the USA should be fine.

No comments: