2 Mar 2014

JT9-1 success

Whatever I did I could NOT get version V1.3 of K1JT's latest software to work on my PC. No decodes, zilch.

Reverting to V1.1 and success was sweet and immediate with a nice 20m JT9-1 QSO with RA9KT at 4309km.  I still don't understand the problem with V1.3, but V1.1 is nearly the same and allows me to have JT9-1 QSOs on any HF/MF band I want.

UPDATE 1840z: In my ignorance I forgot to close the JT9-1 software and as a result my signals were spotted until a few minutes ago on both sides of the Atlantic on PSK Reporter. I have now closed the program and my apologies.

5 comments:

Rupert N2OTO said...

v1.3 is much better than the others, much more sensitive.

Your Signalink may have a lot of internal noise like mine.

Use the Signalink to key the radio and to input your audio.

Bypass the Signalink by using an audio cable from the radio to your notebook mic in and make the correct setting in wsjt-x.

Roger G3XBM said...

No, I don't buy that theory as results are so good on WSPR and JT65HF via the SignaLink USB. I think V1.3 does not want to work for some other reason.

SV1GRN said...

Strange, I am using v1.3 & Signalink (win 7 prof. 32bit) without problems.
Reinstalling v1.3 maybe helps.
73

Roger G3XBM said...

I may try a registry clean (CCleaner)then a new install of V1.3 one last time.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Roger, as far as I can see there is a difference in soundcard setting choosing between 1.1 and 1.3. Could be that there is a problem for some users. I had a soundcard problem too but solved it by choosing direct-X after installing the newest drivers for it. But in the 1.3 I'm unable to choose direct-X again. Strange...but for now you got it to work. 73, Bas