7 Feb 2014

TCXO-9 fitted

This afternoon I fitted the (loaned) TCXO-9 into my FT817. A sign of how my stroke is making me clumsy still, getting the screws back in to the FT817 cover was really hard work, when it should have been easy. TCXO calibration seems spot on. Tonight I am trying to decode G3WKW on 2m WSPR, so far without success even though Bob's signals are clearly visible on the WSPR screen.

UPDATE 2045z:  a solid decode of G3WKW (134km) at -24dB S/N no doubt aided by planes over N.London. At least with a warmed up rig fitted with a TCXO-9 my calibration on 2m is spot-on now.

Someone, asked me to measure RX current before/after fitting TCXO-9. Sorry,but I forgot and will not now do this because of my stroke and issues with fitting screws to the FT817 case - at present some things are just too hard for me.

No comments: