10 Jan 2014

Health update

Following my brain bleed I am getting better. Since being home my walking has improved and my swallow is improving too. I have still to hear from the DVLA (driving licence people) but am expecting to be prevented from driving for 12 months. I have applied for a "blue badge" for disabled parking rights. Today I surprised myself by walking quite a distance with a stick at Angelsey Abbey. I still feel punch drunk most the time and need people near me to support me.

Slowly but surely   ...a step at a time.

Thank goodness for amateur radio and all the very good friends I didn't realise I had.

5 comments:

Dick said...

good news. stay with the program and continued success.

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Dick. I continue to work on the exercises and fully hope to recover this year.

G1KQH said...

This is great news. But don't get over doing it. We want you to write this blog for many more moons to come.

73 G1KQH

Roger G3XBM said...

On 472kHz the FT817 is just about sensitive enough but on 136kHz it is very deaf and definitely needs a preamp. I suspect different samples may vary.

73s
Roger G3XBM

John G4LRR said...

Pleased to see you are back enjoying the hobby after such a serious trauma. Guess you still have some months of rehab but you seem to have done really well. An example to us all. Hope I never have to face anything like it! Best wishes for further recovery.