- Finish the 472kHz transverter and write this up. DONE
- Simple 28MHz QRP WSPR transceiver to use with a netbook. DONE (but the TX only beacon is boxed)
- Stand alone 137kHz receiver (for use with PC).
- Semi-permanent E-field probe antenna and on-line 137kHz/472kHz grabbers
- More non line-of-sight light beam experiments (get better distances). 12W Phlatlight LEDs and more sensitive SRF213 detectors ordered
- Semi-permanent 481THz QRSS beacon for NLOS light beam tests.
- Alternative HF antennas - maybe re-erect my Par Electronics 40/20/10 end-fed.
- Further earth-mode (ground conduction) experiments - tests at around 30 and 73kHz as well as more tests at VLF aiming to improve best though ground DX (currently 6km with 5W). More permanent earth-mode "antenna" erected.
- Experiment with horizontal loop antenna on TX at VLF (maximising coupling into ground).
- Build some better LF/MF test gear such as resistive SWR bridge, 50W dummy load and a noise bridge.
29 Sep 2012
About 6 weeks ago I listed a number of projects that I wanted to do this autumn. Here is a progress report.