16 Apr 2012

Elecraft KX3 leadtimes

As a potential buyer (still thinking about it), I asked the sales desk at Elecraft what sort of leadtime I could expect if I placed an order for a fully loaded , ready assembled KX3 in the next couple of weeks. This was the reply:
Roger,

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in the KX3 Transceiver.  Orders placed now will ship in 90-120 days. We are working hard to make it less than that, but right now that is my best estimate.


Thank you,

Lisa
So, 3-4 months wait currently.

4 comments:

Mike G4GOC said...

If you're at all interested, Roger, you risk nothing by placing an order. Elecraft won't charge your credit card or even ship the order without a positive reply to their "ready-to-ship" email in 3 - 4 months time. So you retain the ability to cancel until the order is actually despatched.

73, Mike
G4GOC

Unknown said...

I'll reconsider ordering when the model with all the options I want is available off the shelf. For obvious reasons I'm not interested in having to wait 4 months for anything. Quite apart from the fact that the best /P weather will be over.

Anonymous said...

I would not encourage the practice of outrageously high pricing by buying one of these radios. Just my opinion. David WB4ONA

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the KX3 is deemed to be a 'Kit'? If not it will probably also involve paying full import duty on it.
John GW3OIN.