20 Feb 2011

More work on the 10m DSB rig

Today I continued breadboarding the TX strip of the 10m DSB transceiver changing the single balanced mixer to a broadband design and adding/changing stages in the driver and PA. After the mixer, the driver/PA design now has 2 transistors and 1 FET PA with an output of around 1W pep. This is not enough. My aim remains at least 2W pep either from this line-up (with an IRF510 PA) or with a different PA.

Incidentally, I need a name for this rig. I used the name "Tenner" for my 10m CW transceiver, so what shall I call this one? Please give me some ideas! DSB10? Sidebander10? 10phone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Roger

How about naming it the Tenbox.

KR Tony

Anonymous said...

Hello Roger

You might want name it after some places in Devon

Gary - G4WGT. said...

Roger,

How about "Double10"

73, Gary.

John A. Ireland said...

How about 2Tenner for two watts, two sidebands and ten meters.

john AD7EV