16 Nov 2010

iPod Touch 4g

Recently I upgraded my pocket PC - I used a Dell Axim for 7 years - to a new iPod Touch 4g purchased at a good price from Amazon. It really is an amazing piece of kit in a tiny size with an incredibly pin-sharp screen which is so good that individual pixels cannot be seen: the resolution is better than my TV. I've already downloaded the Echolink app (free) so I now also have a 2.3GHz pocket ham transceiver too. I hope to use it for some other ham radio applications including datamodes and VLF reception.

If you want to see what is inside the iPod Touch 4g look here for a tear-down analysis: there is a lot in this small package!

1 comment:

Bob G3WKW said...

Sounds good! I have a Dell Axim really only used as a morning alarm and for occasional sat nav with the bluetooth interface to a bluetooth GPS. But then it only cost about 50 quid on Ebay clearance.