In my view, President Trump has made matters in the Middle East and the world far worse.
With Israel, he started a war. I assume President Trump was expecting a more pro-Western government to emerge? This has not happened. Iran has emerged stronger.
Iran has long been known as having a nasty government, but the USA is, sadly, seen by many in the world as a bully. This is so sad as when I have been involved with people in the USA they have, without fail, been warm, kind and generous.
The world has been cushioned by the release of strategic reserves, but these cannot go on for ever.
The world is in great danger of a financial shock as a result of the war against Iran, that badly misfired.
I agree that the US should not have started this war, however we can't turn back time. The "ceasefire" seemed to have left Iran in a position where it was slowly taking control of the flow of products in and out of the area. This would have been a disaster.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to know but after a period where Trump paused maybe worried by the midterms, there are signs that the US has decided to push forward now and is preparing the way by destroying bridges and other things that might block Iran's logistics prior to the US taking control of Iran's coast line near the Strait of Hormuz.
I don't understand why they have not taken out Iran's oil tanker fleet as Ukrane has done with Russia.
I fear we may be in for a very bad period. I am glad I purchased an EV several months ago.